*** Random Poetry Anyone? ***
Monday
 
The Tree of Unknowing
-Suji Kwock Kim

Uncertainty, take me into the forest
leaf by leaf--

where an immigrant sits in a Jersey slum,
a young mother rocking her child.

Where, along the endless road, are you going away from me like a cloud?
Like a cloud, like a cloud?


I lay in your arms, watching your lips.
I touched your chin with my fingers.

Your loneliness sang to me,
each word a crumb of light, burning in the skull--

until a galaxy of sparks flashed among the branches,
lighting the way where?

I lifted my head. What was it I saw
in your gaze, the maze

of you; corridors of years, corridors of war, black wheat-hair ripening--
the last shape sown in closing eyes.

The words have their own woods.
Where the words can't go further: where the woods begin

that make us mad, too real and not
real enough. Whose memory was it? Why did I feel such joy?

Look, the cloud-tree will never die--

I wonder who you were: I wonder
because you were.

      ( 9/22/2003 10:35:00 AM ) Lisa#



Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment



Poetry is cool. So are short stories. Care to join in on the rantings? Email me at lmalo7fc@mwc.edu

what the hell is this?:
Welcome to Random Poetry, a page for amature poets to post their work for review by other amature poets. It doesn't matter what type, genre, etc. it is, as long as you feel like calling it poetry feel free to post it, and to comment on other's poetry. We can all learn from each other.

links:
Smell the Storm Stirring

archives:



All poems are the property of their original authors, and may not be reproduced without permission.



Powered by Blogger